AFFORDABLE GARAGE DOORS
TIPS & INSIGHTS FOR HOMEOWNERS TO SAVE MONEY WHILE REPLACING A GARAGE DOOR
The professionals at Iconic Garage Door Services have outlined some best practices to follow to ensure homeowners save money, getting a more affordable garage door while getting the most out of their garage door investment.
- Ensure you hire a reputable garage door services company that provides a free inspection and estimate. Some companies will offer a free estimate, but charge for the inspection. At Iconic Garage Door Services, we offer free inspections and estimates to help you make the best choice for your home without breaking the bank!
- Do your research! Ensure you read reviews of all reputable garage door service companies in the area. If you find reviews about costs that weren’t expected or estimates that were too high, those companies are likely overcharging.
- Hiring a professional technician to install your new garage door is crucial. However, before doing so, make sure to research the cost of the product. If the garage door services company is charging significantly more for the product compared to what the manufacturer would charge, then the services company is overpricing it.
- Review all garage door options. While it may be appealing to design your garage door, many prefab options could look just as outstanding on your home. Certain materials and styles are cheaper than others. For example, there are many different options for residential garage doors here.
- Make sure the garage door services company you go with doesn’t charge extra to serve you on your schedule. If you can only hire service on weekends, evenings, or even holidays, they should not charge you for their flexibility. At Iconic Garage Door Services, we never charge extra for serving your home on nights, weekends, or holidays.
- If you are a veteran, senior, or first responder, investigate which garage door services companies offer discounts to those groups. We offer a 5% discount for all veterans, seniors, and first responders.
- Lastly, when you narrow down your choices to a garage door services company that meets all of the above requirements, ask each of them if they guarantee the lowest price. Some will guarantee a price match of the lowest cost. This ensures the customer can pick the best customer service without compromising on cost.
Tips for Getting the Best Bang for Your Buck on New Garage Doors
While saving money upfront is important, there are very inexpensive hardware upgrades that you can choose that will save you a ton of money in the long run. You can spend a small amount upfront on high-cycle garage door parts to save hundreds of dollars in annual adjustments and unexpected repairs. These are some of the questions you should be asking the garage door services company that you choose:
- What gauge hardware and hinges are you using? 14 gauge are a few dollars more than the 18 gauge but are way less likely to bend or break, saving hundreds of dollars in repair costs.
- Are you using plastic rollers or quiet nylon ball-bearing rollers? The nylon ball-bearing rollers are a few dollars more but significantly more durable than the plastic ones, saving a fortune in future repairs.
- What gauge steel are you using? 24 gauge is less likely to crack and bend than 25 gauge steel.
- What kind of springs are you using? Two oil-tempered springs cost a few dollars more than a single galvanized spring. If you choose the latter, you must pay to have it adjusted and serviced yearly because they bend. Using two oil-tempered springs instead will greatly improve the longevity of your new garage door.
Contact Iconic Garage Door Services today for a free inspection and free, no-obligation estimate. We would love to help you select an affordable garage door that upgrades the look and functionality of your home.